Other Discussion Forums You Hate in Australia

Talk about anything related to computers like the web, PC hardware, iphones, smartphones, ISP, hosting, domains, blogging, online marketing, social media, Facebook, twitter etc.
BaRT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Other Discussion Forums You Hate in Australia

Post by BaRT » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:06 am

Dedicated to "Verity Farseer" from whirlpool forums: :D :lol:

I'm sure they will read this when they google their name each morning... :lol: :roll:

I would like to start a thread on other forums people have used and had bad experiences with n Australia?

Personally there is one forum I have been a member of for years "whirlpool" which is an IT forum but mostly used by kids and new immigrants in IT from India and Pakistan, China etc. I really do not know why I keep going back there as it's full of the nastiest, the ugliest the most politically correct and vicious people I have ever met online. In saying that i have met a few good members as well (most are banned now) over the years but the majority are just trolls and keyboard warriors. The main issue though is the terrible moderators.

2 of the worst ones that roam there these days are "Verity Farseer" and "defaulty", these idiots are just scumbags and moderate to backup their teen friends who can't stand on their own two feet in political discussions. So when they attack someone like they do to me and the member replies back they go squealing to their mates on the forum who moderate. Well I'm going to expose these bastards one by one and I hope the admins here let me do this. Thanks to this great forum that is totally the ops site to that sh*thouse.

I will dig up any crap I can about their dirty tricks and post it as It comes in.... stay tuned. if anyone else has bad experences about whirlpool or any other Australian forums then please post here to.
Last edited by BaRT on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

BaRT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Other Discussion Forums You Hate in Australia

Post by BaRT » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:12 am

Just done a quick search here and funny enough this slimebag "Verity Farseer" has been mentioned before here for their dirty moderating:
http://www.australiaforums.com.au/viewt ... =116#p1058

BaRT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by BaRT » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:33 am

here is an interesting recent post about rhis outfit
Why are the Moderators on the Australian Whirlpool forums so unprofessional?
Just take a look at the Jobs and Finance Forums. For a website that promotes free speech, the moderators are certainly the complete opposite.
https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 911AArapco

another:
Whirlpool Forum Moderation

I have been reluctant to have this thread. But it has got to the point where I have to talk about it.

IMHO the Whirlpool forum has had terrible moderation for a long time. For instance a few years ago I posted a serious thread on the ISP forums about sorting out my internet connection. I got harassed by two trolls who even said in a post that they were trolling. Yet their posts were not removed. So I started a new thread to try to start again without them. Then the moderators removed that thread.

Then what happened about a week ago was the last straw for me. That was vandalism of about 2 whole pages for the sake of it. I am 100% certain that my posts in that MTM policy topic were on topic. For instance I posted about Turnbull using a stooge caller on talkback radio to toss him moonball questions. I even used the term MTM in my post! I'm left having no idea what is on topic or off topic anymore.

I even emailed the British linguist David Crystal a year ago and told him that if he wants to use Whirlpool as a data set for a study of bad moderation he should do so! I also said to him that a moderator needs to be aware of what a forum discussion is. It's not a Hardy Boys novel. It's a rolling conversation that involves irony, succinct, even cryptic comments, and after a lot of echo chamber threads posters start having their own dense language. For instance if I post "Just more stupid copper" then posters know what I mean. You can't mark that off topic. That is a succinct comment about the MTM.

There was another post where I talked about Peter Finch and the movie Network. I made the point that just as Peter Finch screamed out the window "We are not going to take it anymore" that people may as well do the same about the MTM conjob.

OK. We could all post stuff that is boring. No culture. No imagination. Just stuff like:

"I don't agree with the MTM. It sucks".

Then someone would reply

"I don't like the MTM either. It's a waste of money on slow internet".

Then that GEO101 or that Kingforce or whatever other hydra would reply that Morrow is a saint because he has saved our gardens. /s

Wouldn't that be SO boring.

There are a lot of subtleties in moderation. Butt they seem to be beyond the intellectual or cultural limits of moderators at Whirlpool.
from http://forum.delimiter.com.au/t/whirlpo ... ration/328

from reddit:
What sort of people run and moderate the forums on Whirlpool?

I've stopped using the forums on http://whirlpool.net.au. I just kept finding a lot of passive aggression on those forums and I swear the moderation was done by a lot of control freaks. Who are the people who run and moderate whirlpool and why are they like that?
full thread at https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comm ... he_forums/

other people slamming the Nazi moderating their by school kids:

http://www.mactalk.com.au/19/102171-whi ... -mind.html

BaRT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by BaRT » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:35 am

obviously from so much crap I'm finding about them they are very famous for having the biggest bunch of idiot moderators in one place along with their kiddies who worship them, haha

BaRT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by BaRT » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:03 am

ha I pretty much just quit that horrible forum, this is what I write to the whirlpool faggots:

replied to Verity Farseer's pm about banning me from the news forum for a couple of days
all my posts are just standing up to the personal attacks you allow others to do but as usual I'm the one who gets my posts deleted and banned or whatever, i don;t give a Sheet and totally expected, thanks ;) I hope your little friends that went crying to you are all happy now you wiped their bums
Hi,

You don't need to do anything beyond apply a herring to posts that need mod review.

Trying to justify your post removals as standing up for yourself doesn't cut it. You alone are responsible for what you post. If you can't or won't post within the confines of WP's rules you run the risk of having your posts removed and penalties being applied.
That’s fine if you delete my posts if you think they are against the rules. What i have a problem with is that you allow personal attacks at me but you never do anything with those posters who attack me. if you look at my history there will be not one instance on this forum guaranteed where I flamed anyone or made an insult to any member first. When I'm on this forum or any forum I go about my business not intending to attack or upset any member. I write my view and in Australia we are allowed to have an opposing view (except this forum). The only times I have maybe pushed the rules is when I have been attacked personally and the mods have turned a blind eye of course nearly every time to the other posters...

I only reply in the best way I can to make them realize their attack is not welcome and I will expose their attack on me and usually turn it around like I did to these very nasty people that attacked me on that thread as they did not like my post about trying to help work out some ideas for the housing problem. These rude assholes attacked me and said some cunning but very nasty things like "OH now HOP TO IT" (in other words they meant Feck OFF). if you can't see their messages then you people are blind, they were personal attacks clear as daylight . You will also see in my very last post I could have easily responded to the personal attack again by that member that flipped out and nearly had a hernia. i just simply moved on and said 'keep going etc".

Not once have i ever ran to moderators as I believe people should be able to post and not attack people and I don;t need to go crying to mods, if I had respect for mods here I would talk to them if I had issues but how I have been treated over the years I would never ask a mod here for help, EVER.

Your forum accommodates personal attacking. This is unethical and un-Australian.. I have witnessed it over and over throughout the years and I believe the moderators favour members they know as I see them time again use favouritism. Today this young smart-ass gamer who I guess you guys are friends with and the same age was just one of about 3 members that threw nasty insults at me for me doing absolutely nothing but posting an opinion about a political issue.

I also believe some of the moderators are deleting posts and targeting members who have opposing views to them, in fact this has been so obvious over the time I have used this forum it's almost laughable now. and in fact whirlpool is infamous for this... it's obvious the mods are extreme lefties, pro mass immigration and very politically correct which is why I'm always targeted as I have differing views.

I believe the majority of the mods don't even live in Australia or have only just arrived recently from 3rd world countries and now have this chance to be in control and show some authority which seems to go to their heads...I guess once they get real jobs they move on although I see some stay around for years and enjoy been control freaks and deleting posts randomly whenever they feel like it just to piss off a member like me, then they go back to their xbox and laugh about it with other teens. Anyway that is the perception you mods portray from my perspective. Please grow the Feck up ....

This is why I never ask a mod for help for issues like this as I don't believe they give a Sheet unless they have a personal interest in the member or in my case, most mods target me as i have non traditional view points that rattle peoples cages and shock the pc sensitive mob which hang out here including most of the mods it seems.

My posts have intent to help, make Australia better or improve life here or just minding my own business but there is always some smart-ass that wants to get a kick out of flaming or insulting others and they get a kick off it as they know their mates who moderate will let them get away with it.

i don't stand for any crap and if I get my posts deleted or banned then that is the consequences for standing up to what I believe in, it's not my style to go squealing to moderators crying and sulking like the kids and pc faggots you shelter do. I hate corruption, this forum is corrupt as it has corrupt unethical moderators and accommodates nasty people to flame and provoke arguments like how this has happened, This is exactly what these brats want, to get my posts deleted as it's not like their views and you guys play into their hand every single time...

As i said, I never personally attack anyone, I only defend or respond equally harsh or harsher to their Sheet. In fact on most forums I join I'm usually seen as a valued content contributor as I often trigger discussions from a different angle, No other forums I use besides some social media networks have such members who are allowed to attack others and be so unfriendly, The best forums I go to have a friendly vibe, totally opposite to what that last thread i posted on here accommodated. When you guys grow up you will realize that people have different views to yours and not everyone is a sheep like you want your little boys and older mummy's boys here to all be.

I run many social media networks and groups myself, in fact I have over 100 active social networks similar to forums with over 2 million members in total growing rapidly but I never would dream to have such biased views towards my members, especially active ones who bring new content each day. i also appreciate the time a mod can put in and I have full respect for moderators on my own networks and their forums I join but you people have just been so biased and trigger happy Nazis over the years that you lost my respect well over a decade ago.

Anyway the forum does have many good points otherwise I would not come here but most of the people who had similar views to mine were all banned so there's few left now. I had been thinking lately why the Feck do i keep coming back here to such horrible biased moderating and so many nasty pampered keyboard warriors who are probably like lost little sheep in real life? I said to my girlfriend i need t spend more time on own social networks and stop wasting time on forums that do not want my content and just delete it when they get bored.

SO THANKS FOR GIVING ME THE INCENTIVE TO MOVE ON and spend more time on my own things that I get much more satisfaction from, GOODLUCK!
:) :lol: dumb fuckers

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:31 pm

They do have a terrible reputation for their moderating and mass deleting posts. Good share, will stay away from that place errr. :lol: :)