National Garage Sale Day Today

Relax, grab a hot cuppa coffee then sit back and talk about anything here! If you are unsure where to post then this is your forum to post your topic in. You can discuss topics about living in Australia or any subject you like.
gaz

National Garage Sale Day Today

Post by gaz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:51 pm

GOOD STUFF GALORE
On Saturday 22 October there will be over 10,000 garage sales across the country selling over 3 million pre-loved, weird and wonderful items unleashed from garages, sheds and attics across the country. Shop really local, It’s a soulful retail experience buying treasures from your neighbours. Buy a cake tin, get a still-warm, home-made sample and inherit grandma’s recipe for the best birthday cake in the land.

Get updates on featured sales, items and interesting people on the Garage Sale Trail

here is the offical website for more details: https://www.garagesaletrail.com.au/

Support your local community. This is a fun way to get out and meet people. Play music and make your street more active and bring it alive. I know from traveling to Asia it is one thing I missed when I came back to Australia, the activity, the markets and the open street culture. I would love to see Australia have more of this, not just for one day but ongoing, everyday..