Old Sydney Trains are Toxic & Dangerous to your health

Relax, grab a hot cuppa coffee then sit back and talk about anything here! If you are unsure where to post then this is your forum to post your topic in. You can discuss topics about living in Australia or any subject you like.
Pepper
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Old Sydney Trains are Toxic & Dangerous to your health

Post by Pepper » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:58 am

Have you ever been unfortunate to travel around Sydney or NSW in one of the old trains that are still been used daily. They are especially used for longer trips like to Newcastle. I'm sitting in one now and I can smell the toxic fumes. I don't need any doctor checks, I can smell it and I instantly know these fumes and gases coming from the old trains are extremely toxic. I'm just surprised little is mentioned about it. I wonder how bad it would be for you if you traveled in these daily? I would say they would cause things like cancer.
old trains.jpg
old trains.jpg (83.35 KiB) Viewed 430 times

Pepper
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Old Sydney Trains are Toxic & Dangerous to your health

Post by Pepper » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:05 am

I just send this email to NSW Transport:
the trains are toxic, they have very toxic smells and gases as posted here: http://www.australiaforums.com.au/viewt ... ?f=2&t=336

I will be contacting media outlets to let them know of how toxic these old trains are. Have you ever done a reading on the toixc levals?

Thank you. Your case reference number is 00170650.

If you asked for a response, we'll be in touch soon.