Do I need Glasses?

Relax, grab a hot cuppa coffee then sit back and talk about anything here! If you are unsure where to post then this is your forum to post your topic in. You can discuss topics about living in Australia or any subject you like.
gaz

Do I need Glasses?

Post by gaz » Sat May 06, 2017 1:31 am

Some people lose their vision clarity when they get older. here is my take on this issue:
7.jpg
7.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 229 times
My eyes started to go a bit weird when I reached mid 40's. Turns out it is normal and nothing wrong with my eyes but what happens is with age they do not work as fast when focusing or something like that, something to do with part of the eye system opening and closing. I also found reading was difficult but everything else is normal. I also work on computers all day and have since the 90's so this probably didn't help. I never bought glasses but instead got a magnifying glass and I only use it when I need to. The reason why is I just don't like things over my eyes besides top brand sunglasses like vaurnet's or bolle's in the sun. I hate the thought of contact lenses and would never ever have something artificial sitting over my eyes. The same goes for glasses, I don't see them been helpful long term wearing something artificial over your eyes all day but they are better than contact lenses in my opinion.

With the computer I found it only effects me if I don't use a good quality screen and graphic card and keep the screen clean regularly. Diet can also improve things, research that plus exercise and sleep. I found if I did not get a good nights sleep it would magnify the issue by a huge amount and my sight would be very blurry even just looking at other things besides reading. Also check your eye brows as they can sag as you get older so keep them trimmed to not make the issue worse, exercise and diet will also help with that issue.

Years years on and I still have not had to get glasses, in fact my eyes seem to have got a little better, go figure and I'm not even living the perfect healthy lifestyle I plan to get back to soon which will make it even better. I only use my magnifying glass when I need to and I would do the same with glasses. I may buy myself a nice top quality pair of glasses in the future to use at times when a magnifying glass is not suitable, like when out etc.

Some people lose their vision clarity when they get older. here is my take on this issue:

My eyes started to go a bit weird when I reached mid 40's. Turns out it is normal and nothing wrong with my eyes but what happens is with age they do not work as fast when focusing or something like that, something to do with part of the eye system opening and closing. I also found reading was difficult but everything else is normal. I also work on computers all day and have since the 90's so this probably didn't help. I never bought glasses but instead got a magnifying glass and I only use it when I need to. The reason why is I just don't like things over my eyes besides top brand sunglasses like vaurnet's or bolle's in the sun. I hate the thought of contact lenses and would never ever have something artificial sitting over my eyes. The same goes for glasses, I don't see them been helpful long term wearing something artificial over your eyes all day but they are better than contact lenses in my opinion.

With the computer I found it only effects me if I don't use a good quality screen and graphic card and keep the screen clean regularly. Diet can also improve things, research that plus exercise and sleep. I found if I did not get a good nights sleep it would magnify the issue by a huge amount and my sight would be very blurry even just looking at other things besides reading. Also check your eye brows as they can sag as you get older so keep them trimmed to not make the issue worse, exercise and diet will also help with that issue.

Years years on and I still have not had to get glasses, in fact my eyes seem to have got a little better, go figure and I'm not even living the perfect healthy lifestyle I plan to get back to soon which will make it even better. I only use my magnifying glass when I need to and I would do the same with glasses. I may buy myself a nice top quality pair of glasses in the future to use at times when a magnifying glass is not suitable, like when out etc.

A good Facebook group on this subject can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/eyeclinic/