What to Do When You Arrive in Australia

This is the place to discuss Immigration & Visas to Australia. Find out what is the best visa to apply for to live or work in Australia or just to enjoy a holiday. Immigration, Visas & Tourist Information
Pepper
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

What to Do When You Arrive in Australia

Post by Pepper » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:39 pm

When you arrive in Australia it is good to have a list to refer to once you get off the plane. So I will get things started and let's put together our ideas and add to the list as we think of things... 8-)

Check into some accommodation and unwind at the hotel or place you will stay.

Activate bank account

Explore some walks and photo opportunities

Look for more long-term rented accommodation

Ensure that your arrival documentation is in order

contact loved ones back home to let them know you arrived safely

Levi

Re: What to Do When You Arrive in Australia

Post by Levi » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:16 am

A trip to Manly on the ferry on a sunny day is what I always recommend to visitors to Sydney.

BPB

Post by BPB » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:54 am

The first thing I do after any flying is to get to my hotel, have a long hot shower, relax then get a meal. After that it is usually organising everything for the new few days as I get to my chosen destination which would have all been worked out months before hand as I planned my trip from home.

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:33 am

You can't go wrong with going out to a decent restaurant, especially one with views of the waterfront or a beach.

jacobcarl

Post by jacobcarl » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:51 am

Hello i am from India .i am coming next week to Australia Sydney for business purpose. Where can i get Indian food. Please reply soon
fugenx.com- Mobile application development company India - Mobile application design and developers India

gaz

Post by gaz » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:55 am

Hi jacobcarl, It will depend on your budget and tastes as there are various options you could choose from. You would be able to select anything from an Indian restaurant in a mall food court like below Mayer in Pitt street Sydney or go across to the other side of the Westfield, up a few floors and you will have a high-end food court that offers restaurant quality cuisine in an upscale food court. There is also a similar one near the townhall station and many more similar places all around Sydney inner George street etc. You could also probably find more specific Indian restaurants like northern or southern styles etc. You might want to get in touch with some country folk on Facebook etc that are also traveling to get more insider info.

Savio Dmello

Post by Savio Dmello » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:25 am

Hi Pepper,
can you tell me Whats the Charges of Hotel there for living 15 days in Sydney Australia......

Pepper
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Pepper » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:33 am

Savio Dmello wrote:Hi Pepper,
can you tell me Whats the Charges of Hotel there for living 15 days in Sydney Australia......
it depends on your budget, You could start with a backpackers hotel for about $30+ or here is a list of Sydney hotels listed on Agoda that show some options. I would say around $50 per day should be enough for a basic hotel but if you have thousands to spend per night then that is possible to.

Savio Dmello

Post by Savio Dmello » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi Pepper,

Thanks for Pointing this out...I will definitely follow which you have about it.

gaz

Post by gaz » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Don't forget to check out some of our threads on favorite Aussie places to visit:

Queensland:
Great Barrier Reef - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=314

Sydney:
Bondi Beach - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=312
Manly Beach - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=311
Sydney Harbour Bridge - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=313
Sydney Opera House - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=310